About Stockport Council
We know that you hear the words ‘Borough Council’ and Technology and imagine old, complex and clunky systems.
At Stockport Council, we are changing that. We are turning the traditional view on its head. We are investing in an unrivalled digital offering to make it one like no other. Instead of being locked into vendors and suppliers for long and expensive contracts. We are building our own capabilities and developing agile technical solutions that actually work for us.
We have a collaborative, Agile environment with a great culture and brilliant people, we work across the business to deliver value to Stockport citizens.
We have awesome cross-functional teams with made up with amazing people – product owners, developers, delivery managers, business analysts, experience designers and quality analysts to ensure we deliver the products and services that surpass expectations.
Our results speak for themselves.
As a Business Analyst, you’ll be instrumental in the analysis, design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, business applications that use a wide range of the latest technologies. You’ll be responsible for orchestrating collaboration between product owners, business sponsors, subject matter experts and development teams by removing roadblocks and fostering communication. We’re seeking talented & passionate people with a creative approach to problem-solving. If you have experience in a similar role then we’d love to hear from you!
- Analysing data from different sources, identifying relationships and securing relevant information
- Identifying the root cause of problems through gathering information within agreed or timely manner and being able to identify, recommend solutions and implement course of actions
- Managing multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities and goals
- Understanding and documenting business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future software solutions.
- Assisting business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects; help manage expectations of users and management.
- Defining use cases to articulate new functional software needs and the roles of each class of application user.
- Analysing the impact of change requests.
- Supporting traceability from requirements through to QA; assisting in the definition of test plans and testing strategies and in the creation of test cases.
- Creating and/or reviewing manuals, procedures, and related user documentation; ensuring documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
- Assisting in the definition of roll out, training and user support plans.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Project management experience essential (formal or otherwise)
- Proven business analysis skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Proven technical writing skills
- Experience of user acceptance testing of software
- Sound understanding of transactional websites
- Must be proficient using Excel and PowerPoint
- Combine digital data with offline and other data sources
- Knowledge of SQL and accessing databases is a plus
- Working knowledge or exposure to reporting dashboards such as Tableau and Qlikview is a strong asset; as is experience with SalesForce.com platform