We’re working with people across the Council and our partner organisations to make information, access to local services and the ability to interact with us online simpler, clearer and faster for Stockport residents, businesses and visitors to the borough.
To help us do that we’re looking for good content designers who understand the web, technology and people.
You’ll be working across our full range of products and influencing discussions about the content we publish online and how our content management system is further developed to help meet the needs of users.
Across the whole Digital by Design programme we are putting user needs at the centre of what we do and you will be one of those that represent users with the written word, so you need to be user-focussed and know how to write with a user of the website in mind.
There will be a programme of learning and development attached to this role. During which we will expect you to be working towards the following;
You’ll be working on needs analysis – taking existing content, identifying content gaps and overlaps etc. You’ll assist the team in running workshops with colleagues in the council and partner organisations to identify content that needs to be created, rationalised or archived, and mapping content to suit different audiences.
- scoping, writing, editing and publishing digital content across our websites.
- providing input to making sure customer journeys are the best they can be
- working with the product owner in managing relationships with service area contacts to make sure content is accurate
- monitoring the performance of content and tools and work with the product owner and a multi-skilled team to understand user behaviours and feedback
- identifying ways to improve the content and to iteratively improve the product
- at ease working in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals
If you think this sounds like the job for you then we’d love to hear from you.