We are seeking skilled developers to help produce cutting edge digital offerings that will improve the lives of Stockport’s citizens. You should have a breadth of understanding of modern techniques and languages with a willingness to learn with a view on leading on developments.
This is a permanent role.
Working in an agile team you will be involved in the following:
- Projects to integrate existing systems
- Develop and support bespoke software applications
- Support testing and quality assurance
- Participate in the creation of functional and technical specifications
- Develop, maintain and provide support of existing in-house developed applications
Technologies and practices we’re using are:
- Application: built using C# ASP.Net MVC application on .Net 4.x and .Net Core built on a RESTful API
- Build & Deployment: Continuous Integration and Deployment using Snap-CI, CloudFormation Templates, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Docker.
- Engineering practices: Automated testing using Selenium, Unit Testing using XUnit and Nightwatch, Test Driven Development (TDD), Refactoring,
- Agile working environment
- Contribution to Pension Scheme
- 27 days holiday to start
- Flexible working and flexi-time scheme
- Employee discounts
- Social activities
- Onsite restaurant
- Dress down policy
- Opportunities for career progression
- Salary up to 35k depending on experience