About Stockport Council
We are recruiting for a junior service designer to support a team of project managers, UX and service designers to work within the transformation and change team at Stockport Council.
As a junior service designer you will support the development and delivery of a user-centred service design approach to enable organisational change.
We have a collaborative, agile environment with a great culture and brilliant people, we work across the business to deliver value to Stockport citizens.
We have awesome cross-functional teams with made up with amazing people – product owners, developers, delivery managers, business analysts, experience designers and quality analysts to ensure we deliver the products and services that surpass expectations.
Our results speak for themselves.
The successful candidate will be skilled at understanding dependencies and interfaces within and between processes, services and systems. They will have a keen ability to analyse information and identify solutions and to work with information from a user-centred perspective. They will also have good relationship management skills and be great communicators using a range of methods.
What you will bring
- The ability to respond to issues and resolve complex problems innovatively and creatively
- Keen attention to detail and ability to analyse business processes, procedures and policies to determine the most appropriate course of action
- Know when and how to take initiative
- Support the services to utilise tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Advanced research skills
- Experience of and knowledge of design including prototyping skills
- Knowledge of service design tools and techniques and ability to apply when appropriate
- Experience of supporting services to utilise and understood service design tools and methodologies
- Agile working environment
- Contribution to Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday to start
- Flexible working and flexi-time scheme
- Employee discounts
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Opportunities for career progression