You’ll have a passion for spatial data development and the technical skills to extract, transform and query large and complex spatial and non-spatial data sources. You’ll bring solid experience in developing spatial databases and automating data processes.
As a Spatial Data Developer you’ll work in a team focused on bringing data together from disparate sources so the Council can get the most value from its data assets. You’ll be involved in a broad range of projects from transforming spatial data to support online digital transactions to creating data warehouses fit for BI and analytical purposes.
We’re using modern development software and techniques including open source software such as PostgreSQL, Python, QGIS, Git Lab, Docker and Agile development practices, in an organisation hungry to create opportunities for high value intelligence by automating data processing.
Specifically you’ll bring:
- Experience of designing and creating spatial data warehouses
- Strong data modelling skills to establish the data requirements of the business
- Strong technical skills in developing ETL processes using SQL, Python, FME or similar GIS ETL software
- Exposure to one or more of the following – SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, PostGIS, QGIS, FME, iShare, Open Layers, Big Data, GML
- Experience of setting up WMS/WFS/WFS-T
- Knowledge and/or experience of Ordnance Survey PSMA datasets
- Strong communications skills to establish the requirements of the business and to work in collaboration with other technical leads across the organisation
- The confidence to know when to push ahead and when to seek advice and support from colleagues and managers