About Stockport Council
We know that you hear the words ‘Borough Council’ and Technology and imagine old, complex and clunky systems.
At Stockport Council, we are changing that. We are turning the traditional view on its head. We are investing in an unrivalled digital offering to make it one like no other. Instead of being locked into vendors and suppliers for long and expensive contracts. We are building our own capabilities and developing agile technical solutions that actually work for us.
We have a collaborative, Agile environment with a great culture and brilliant people, we work across the business to deliver value to Stockport citizens.
We have awesome cross-functional teams with made up with amazing people – product owners, developers, delivery managers, business analysts, experience designers and quality analysts to ensure we deliver the products and services that surpass expectations.
Our results speak for themselves.
We are seeking skilled System Administrators, this is a wide-ranging role that supports the systems and technology that we are implementing as part of our digital programme. You will be looking after various tech systems and platforms including SAP and we’ll be looking for you to build and configure systems and servers and maintain quality standards.
We are expecting you to be able to hit the ground running with your interest and aptitude for all things IT and generally exhibit the following qualities:
- Experience of administrating SAP or other financial management software
- Technical experience of financial systems, GL, AP AR and Procurement
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative when required
- Experience of managing job queues
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party supplies to solve technical and commercial queries
- Ability to implement and support new projects, procedures and procurement
- Understanding on how SAP can support the operation of a financial systems team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
This is a 2 year fixed term post ending in December 2019.
Working in an agile team you will be involved in the following:
- Projects to integrate existing systems
- Develop and support bespoke software applications
- Support testing and quality assurance
- Participate in the creation of functional and technical specifications
- Develop, maintain and provide support of existing in-house developed applications
Technologies and practices we’re using are:
- Application: built using C# ASP.Net MVC application on .Net 4.x and .Net Core built on a RESTful API
- Build & Deployment: Continuous Integration and Deployment using Snap-CI, CloudFormation Templates, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Docker.
- Engineering practices: Automated testing using Selenium, Unit Testing using XUnit and Nightwatch, Test Driven Development (TDD), Refactoring,
- Agile working environment
- Contribution to Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday to start
- Flexible working and flexi-time scheme
- Employee discounts
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Opportunities for career progression