We’re working with people across the Council and our partner organisations to make information, access to local services and the ability to interact with us online simpler, clearer and faster for Stockport residents, businesses and visitors to the borough.
To help us do that we’re looking for an exceptional UX Designer who understands the web, technology and most importantly people.
Across the whole Digital by Design programme we are putting user needs at the centre of what we do and you will be one of those that represent users with design so you need to be user-focused and know how to design with a user of the website in mind.
You will work within a team of content and UX professionals providing expertise and guidance where required. You will also assist in developing the overall vision for the products.
You will design and conduct user research to understand customer needs better. You will use the information that you have collected to design and improve the website and other sources of information.
Here’s what you’ll bring
- Proficient in Balsalmiq, InVision, Adode Creative Cloud
- Understand human centred design with a proven track record in developing UX in a digital product or process
- Experienced problem solver with the ability to find creative solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working with the business and managing relationships with service area contacts to make sure UX is effective and works for what the customers require
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals
- Experienced in optimising customer journeys, our services and products to meet user need.
- Good understanding of UI / UX, wire framing and prototyping
- Able to work closely with and mentor junior team members
- Understand Agile development
- Equipped with a good understanding of the local government context
Technologies and practices we’re using are:
- Application: built using C# ASP.Net MVC application on .Net 4.x and .Net Core built on a RESTful API
- Build & Deployment: Continuous Integration and Deployment using Snap-CI, CloudFormation Templates, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Docker.
- Engineering practices: Automated testing using Selenium, Unit Testing using XUnit and Nightwatch, Test Driven Development (TDD), Refactoring,
- Agile working environment
- Contribution to Pension Scheme
- Flexible working and flexi-time scheme
- Employee discounts
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Opportunities for career progression
To apply to join our award winning team or for more information on the great stuff we are doing at Stockport Council, please click on the link below;