Digital Inclusion AllianceOur aim is for Stockport to be a 100% digital borough where no one is left behind or faces inequalities as a result of their digital situation.
DigiKnow is Stockport’s Digital Inclusion Alliance – a network of partners from all sectors working collaboratively to help shape, support and promote digital inclusion in Stockport. It is commissioned and managed by Stockport Council and delivered by Starting Point Community Learning Partnership, who run the DigiKnow Helpline and the DigiKnow Digital Lending Library.
Trusted faces in local places
Our collective aim is to ensure that residents have the devices, connectivity and skills to get online for the first time and use the internet to do things that benefit them daily. The DigiKnow approach is to deliver digital skills support through community groups and organisations that already provide trusted support. This way, there is more chance of reaching digitally excluded people.
We are always looking for more partners to grow the network, and any individual, business, organisation or group wanting to help tackle digital exclusion in Stockport can join us. Please read on to learn more about the DigiKnow network.
If you know someone who would like to get online but doesn’t know how to get started, call the DigiKnow Helpline or visit Stockport Council’s DigiKnow web pages.
What do we do?
- DigiKnow Helpline 07724 217888
- DigiKnow Digital Lending Library
- access to free data from the National Databank
- free group classes in local community settings
- train DigiKnow Friends across Stockport to recognise the importance of digital inclusion and know where to signpost people for support
- train Digital Champions to run digital skills sessions or provide one-to-one support
- repair and refurbish donated devices to sell at low cost to people on low incomes
What will you get from the network?
- training and support
- regular bulletins and meetups
- up to date information on regional and national digital inclusion initiatives and opportunities
- information sharing on digital support in Stockport
- access to DigiKnow network partners
- mutual support of partner activity
- marketing and communications support
- recognition in reports about DigiKnow
How can you help?
As part of DigiKnow you might be able to:
- signpost to partners who can help with digital skills support, devices or data
- raise the profile of DigiKnow and the importance of digital skills
- donate devices or promote the device recycling scheme
- volunteer or provide volunteers from your organisation who will support community groups across Stockport
- provide digital skills support to residents