It’s always great to feel you’re doing something right, which is why we are delighted our innovative approach to using digital has earned Stockport Council the Granicus Digital Achievement Award 2017.
The Granicus Digital Strategy Awards honour effective and innovative digital strategy throughout the public sector and we have been awarded the top title, the Capstone Award, after introducing our range of new online tools and services and their effective communication to residents.
This award recognises the work the Digital by Design programme has been doing to make it easier for local residents to access council services and for leading the way in public sector digital outreach and engagement with citizens. It is a validation of our ongoing conversation with users, via feedback, research and analytics, which ensures that communication is a two-way process.
- Improved self-referral and Information, Advice and Guidance for residents 3 new mobile friendly websites: stockport.gov.uk, ‘BetterOff Stockport’ (help with Benefits & jobs) & ‘Healthy Stockport’
- ‘My Account’ – our secure interactive account for personalised access to services with a single sign-on improves user experience
- Online tools for reporting and tracking of faults and appointment booking improve outcomes for residents whilst creating cost and time efficiencies for Council
- ‘Stockport Local’ – our online Directory of Community Groups, services and activities increases citizen self-service capabilities
- Online Events Directory keeping residents better connected
- Self-service digital reception at Fred Perry House reception provides free to use devices, Wi-Fi & charging points, staff trained to help use the Council websites.
- Digital festival, roadshows and events spreading basic IT skills and promote the benefits of digital
- DigiKnow initiative promoting the benefits of being online
- New mobile working processes and equipment for staff
- Rapid triage of calls regarding at risk children and families using ‘Signposts’, our bespoke tool which pulls together data from different agencies, displaying a single view of all contacts with the family
- Improved customer contact management using new Case Management technology supported by scripting and smart questions
- New Data warehouse and business intelligence tools for staff enables better informed decision making and anticipation of need
As part of our citizen experience-focused digital strategy we drip-fed ‘soft’ Comms as each new website and digital tool was released. By promoting it to small samples of our target audience and engaging with them to elicit feedback, we improved, refined and developed the new digital services and ensured they met user need.
Citizens were again consulted as we prepared our Communications and Marketing campaign for the wider release of our new digital offer to the general public and the award also recognises our multi-pronged communications campaign which we used to launch our new online offer and encourage Stockport residents to use the website as ‘an easier way to contact your Council’.
We will continue to point out the benefit that ‘We’re online and ready when you are’ in all our ongoing communications – look out for our new social media campaign coming soon.