Digital InclusionWe need to build residents digital confidence and skills to improve resilience and opportunities. We are working with the cross-sector Digital Inclusion Alliance (DigiKnow). We aim to develop support capacity by increasing membership of this network and training more digital champions to help people. We must ensure our services are accessible to all.
Why are we doing this?
Key outcomes include:
- Build residents’ digital confidence/skills to improve resilience and opportunities
- Increase Digital Inclusion Alliance network membership, building support capacity
- More Digital Champions to help people
- Services accessible to all
How might we do this?
- Volunteering opportunities
- Training to support community groups
- Digital inclusion pathway to signpost residents to the relevant support
- Voluntary/community sector support to develop digital skills/infrastructure
- More devices to children for education
- Map free public wi-fi across the borough
- Encourage businesses to open wi-fi
- Enable more affordable wi-fi packages
Please email your comments and suggestions.
What impact have we already made?
Please send your comments, suggestions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.