DataWe will use data appropriately to understand Stockport and citizen needs better, solve problems, innovate, and create new services and capabilities. We will make more data readily available to increase transparency, support partnership collaboration and innovation.
Why are we doing this?
Key outcomes include:
- More insight, readily available to better understand Stockport and citizen needs
- Innovate, using data appropriately to solve problems, creating new services and capabilities, meeting ethical standards
- Publish data to increase transparency, supporting partnership collaboration and innovation
- Empower people to use data to improve planning and decision making
How might we do this?
- Data needs assessments to assess maturity
- Single views of data (e.g. citizen, debt, property), with appropriate governance
- Further open data portal development
- Centre of excellence (systems, insight, information governance)
- Upskilling and training opportunities, including awareness of data responsibilities
- “Need to know” to “Need to share”
Please email your comments and suggestions.
What impact have we already made?
Please send your comments, suggestions and questions to email@example.com.